Friday, August 8, 2008

SHUT UP AND SCOOT! (Radio Blogcast #8)

This time its been decided to make a playlist for one passion my close buddies and I are really into, -scootering. Going old school, back to the roots, having fun and enjoying freedom! Plain and simple, we'll be listening to some of the favorite cuts as we go cruising with our beloved wasps! Most tracks included here are anthems, talks about scooters, tributes, scootering scene, lifestyles and just plain good to listen to.





I fell in love with scooters since I was a kid (particularly Vespas & Lambrettas). Even if it seemed impossible for me to own one at that time, my interest didn't end there. I remember standing infront of my friend's house drooling at her father's two SX 200 Lambrettas parked in their garage. I told myself, "My day will come, someday I'll have one." I grew up embracing the skinhead, mod, and rudeboy/ska culture & everything in between them and adhered with my lifestyle ever since and still deeply into it. Vespas along with Lambrettas have been associated with mod, skinhead and ska circles which I truly love. By the time I have enough savings, from years of hard work, I bought one as a birthday gift for myself, restored and painted it with a black & white 2-tone scheme and named her "Margaret". Its amazing to have the things you truly love that essentially goes along with your lifestyle. I'm in my 30s now. My lifestyle and musical preference hasn't changed. I love ska more than most music - even if it seems that most people I know either hates it or knows nothing about it. I love scooters. I love Lambrettas. I love Vespas- they never get old. I won't say much about these, Its just good to listen to these tracks as you scoot away! I hope you will enjoy these selections as much as I do.

With all the usual suspects:

Scooters 'r Back - Skarface
I Can't Explain - The Who
scooter boy scooter girl - Oi-Skall Mates
Killing Moon - The Quakes
come on eileen - Save Ferris
Revolution Rock - The Busters
Da-a-ance - The Lambrettas
This Old Heart Of Mine (Is Weak For You) - The Isley Brothers
Maybe Tommorrow - The Chords
Take It From the Top - The Planet Smashers
More - St. Petersburg Ska-Jazz Review
Exotic - The Sentinals
Walking Down The King's Road - Squire
Ereki de Go! - Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra
destination skaville - Skaos
jumpin' jive - Joe Jackson
Where'd You Go_ - The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Scooter Maniacs - The Busters
Keep On Running - Spencer Davies Group
Stress - Punch The Clown
Can't Stop Me Now - Put3Ska
my town - Buck-O-Nine
Town Called Malice - The Jam

(DOWNLOAD THIS PLAYLIST)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all who tuned-in. Feedbacks are very much welcome. and tell us what you think!